Wednesday, May 20, 2015

INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE--OH, WAIT, IT'S ONLY MY COUSIN

I'd love to introduce you to my cousin, Kristin Van Risseghem,
author of The Guardian, a Sword, and Stilettos.

Yes, Kristin's hair is perfect.
Yes, I have always wanted such lovely hair.

Key: my Questions in black, Kristin's Answers in purple (You'll see why soon)


  1. What do you miss most from the 80s?
  1. Shoulder-duster earrings: I didn’t have my ears pierced back in the 80’s.
  2. neon attire: isn’t this coming back in style now?
  3. sky-high bangs: I never could get my bangs to go that high.
  4. safety pinned pants: For me, this happened in the 90’s!






  1. If the color purple (your life-long favorite) was outlawed, what would you do to cope?

Probably migrate to teal/turquoise.






  1. Would you rather:
  1. lick a public toilet
  2. eat a used band-aid
  3. walk barefoot on Legos
  4. fart glitter. I already leave a trail of sparkles everywhere I go … I have a bedazzler!



Besides a Bedazzler, Kristin also has a giant shoe chair.
I know--I've seen it.



  1. If you had to date a vampire, who are your top two choices?
(Mine are: 1. Spike and 2. Carlisle)

Damon Salvatore! Oh yeah, he’s #1 and #2 … see #1’s answer.



Rob Lowe's love child?




  1. What's the absolute worst pick-up line you've ever heard?

Are you tired? Because you’ve been running through my mind all day.



any picture of this poor girl running hits me as funny




  1. What's your most embarrassing car story?

I drove through a gate at a car dealership parking lot. I’m not saying anything more …



obligatory Star Wars reference





  1. Favorite cartoon character and why?

Oh gosh, there are so many of them. I love the 80’s cartoons, even today. But I’d have to say My Pretty Ponies. Even back then I loved animals.







  1. Look around the room. List the titles of the first five books you can see. (Get out of the bathroom first if you're taking this survey on the pot.)

Harry Potter series, Twilight series, House of Night series, The Mortal Instrument series, and the Vampire Academy series.



snicker, snicker




  1. Speaking of the bathroom, do you care if the TP is over the top or comes from underneath the roll? I just can't bring myself to care, but I know this is really important to some folks and I want to know where you stand (so I can change everything around when I come visit just to bug you… haha)

Over the top … b/c that’s how I roll. Get it?








  1. What's your favorite flavor jelly bean?

See #2 since purple is NOT outlawed … yet!








  1. What's one of your favorite memories of high school (since HS is the setting of your debut novel)?

I have wonderful memories of band (and the marching band). I loved hanging out with the friends, making music, and traveling.



Kristin's book (see more details below)




  1. Now… choose one of your least favorite things about high school:

Instrument practicing. I never minded getting up early or staying after school to practice marching, line formation, learning the music…what I hated were the alone practicing, so I hardly ever did it. I’m a social person. No I don’t think I was all that great and a pro at my instrument, I just didn’t like practicing. I’d much rather play with the group.


Cousins together at my very first book signing last summer.




  1. List the top three benefits (besides taking this quiz) of being my cousin:

a) You make me laugh!
b) Now that you’re closer, we seem to see each other more … plus with both of us writing, we share that in common.
c) We have the fun privilege of knowing each other!!!





***************





Quick Book Blurb:
Zoe turns eighteen in two months—the same date Armageddon begins. Instead of going shopping or doing boring homework, Zoe must devise a killer plan ASAP, or watch everyone die.

The Guardian, a Sword, & Stilettos is available for pre-order on Amazon Kindle HERE.
and on Smashwords. A paperback version will be available soon on Amazon. Check my Author - Facebook site and/or Twitter for updates.

You can add The Guardian, a Sword, & Stilettos to your Goodreads "To-Read" list.

2 comments: